Friday, October 12, 2012

The Debates

In the aftermath of the Obama-Romney debate it seems that the polls have shifted to favor Romney. This is probably because the media has reached a general consensus that Romney won. In my opinion, nobody won the debate in question, the two candidates took turns steamrolling the moderator and answering his questions in any way they saw fit. Furthermore, while it has been pointed out that Obama was much too passive that night, Romney's hyperactivity has not come under question. While I was watching their debate it seemed to me that while Obama was calm and collected, if sedentary, while Romney resembled a man who had been experimenting with cocaine.

Nevertheless, for all intents and purposes Romney won. This put all the more weight on the vice presidential debate aired last night. I watched the first hour and then turned the TV off because I found the debate unbearable. Both candidates made good points at times, but in between his speeches, Biden would smile ridiculously at the camera for minutes. This added to the fact that he appeared very confused and kept misstating numbers and facts gave the impression that he would lose. Meanwhile, Ryan kept himself from acting like a fool and so I found no real flaws with his performance except that I strongly disagree with every point he made. Because of this, I was surprised to find today that Thursday's debate was labeled as a draw if not a Biden victory. I have come to the conclusion that these debates are staged acts from start to finish, and the results are manipulated by the media to make for a more interesting race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment