Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Have Returned

Like most TV shows, the pilot of my blog was quite bland. That, frankly, was because it was an assignment and I was not in the mood for creativity within the boundaries. Mr. Mayo, benevolent overlord, has mandated the changing of this blog's name as Isaiah's Blog is much too generic. So, as you may have noticed, this blog is now called Isaiah Speaks. It sounds ultra-serious, but really it's a dumb biblical joke (sort of). In other news, I am reading 1984 for the second time. This time, being so much more learned and worldly, I understand that although Orwell was interested and invested in his broad dystopian world, the far more important and interesting aspect of the novel is Winston's personal struggles and reflections. Both his uncertainty about the world surrounding him and his early interactions with people who are essentially automatons are what truly makes this novel a horrifying vision. More to come on 1984.

Isaiah's Word: Pungent- Sharply affecting the senses, biting or stinging.
Personally, I love this word. Just the way it sounds makes me think of moss and mushrooms. Of course the meaning is rather unpleasant.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment